Wednesday, July 05, 2006

That Crazy Axis Of Evil Is At It Again

Okay, I don't get it. I know I'm supposed to get it, but I don't. And so I must ask. . .how come we're allowed to have nuclear weapons but North Korea (or Iran) isn't? And why, after BushCo defied the international community with its preemptive war on Iraq, do those bastards think they have any credibility when they bitch about North Korea's Fourth of July fireworks display and how "this just shows the defiance of the international community by North Korea"?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not at all a fan of nuclear weapons. I'd prefer that nobody had them. But I don't think you get to run around calling other countries evil and whining (or, you know, dropping bombs) when they try to develop the same weapons of mass destruction you've been stockpiling for half a century.

That's just me though, and I know there's a lot of complexity and nuance to this whole president thing, so I may be missing something.

1 comment:

Moderator said...

Yeah but, they're leaders are fucking nuts. Oh wait, so are ours.