Monday, July 10, 2006

Why Working In A Bookstore Is Not Very Lucrative For Me

Week of 07.03.06 - 07.09.06

Books Bought or Ordered

The Electric Michaelangelo by Sarah Hall
The Partly Cloudy Patriot by Sarah Vowell
The Brothers K by David James Duncan
River Teeth by David James Duncan
How to Cook Everything by Mark Bittman
The Rug Merchant by Meg Mullins
Candide by Voltaire

Books Read

The Electric Michaelangelo by Sarah Hall
Citizenship Papers by Wendell Berry (abandoned)
The Rug Merchant by Meg Mullins

PS: Nick Hornby writes a monthly column, entitled "Stuff I've Been Reading", for The Believer magazine which always begins with a list of books bought and books read. So I kinda stole that from him. He actually tells you stuff about the books though.

7 comments:

lulu said...

How To Cook Everything rocks! Try the lamb curry.

Megan said...

Um, I'm a vegetarian. :)

lulu said...

perhaps a book on how to cook everything was more than you really needed then. ;-)

I've made good vegie stuff from there too, but I can't remember anything in particular.

Megan said...

I must confess, this is my SECOND copy of How to Cook Everything. My beach copy, rather than constantly lugging around the one from home. Does it redeem me at all that the new copy is a paperback? And that I get a 40% discount at the bookstore?

How can you eat lambs, btw? They're SO cute!

lulu said...

Have you read the Omnivores Dilemma? It has a lot of interesting things to say about what we eat...

brussel sprouts are cute, like little tiny cabbages, can you eat them? or just ugly veggies?

I actually made the curry for Ten S. and her garbaged obsessed hubby last night. It was yummy, athough we were pretty overserved by the time we got around to eating.

Megan said...

Reading it right now, in fact.

Oh, c'mon, lambs are WAY cuter than brussel sprouts! :)

On the subject of book recommendations, have you read any Sarah Vowell?

lulu said...

I have read most of her stuff. She's a little to precious for me sometimes, but I can understand why you as a history buff would like her.