Thursday, September 21, 2006

The Cat Ate My Birth Control


My kitty likes to hang out in the sink. Apparently this is not uncommon, and ordinarily it's not a problem. Well, aside from it being all kinds of unsanitary. But ordinarily, if I need to, say, brush my teeth, I nudge her ten or twelve times and she glares at me and hops down.

But just now as I was getting ready for bed while Luna (my kitty) happily slurped water from the faucet, I accidentally dropped my birth control pill in the sink and she gobbled it right up.

Should I be worried? I mean, neither one of us is gettin' any, but who KNOWS what happens to cats on estrogen. Maybe it's like the new club drug for kitties.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

I don't know if it's going to hurt her, but I will tell you about the time I once dropped my pill in the toilet.

My black cat loves to sit in the bathtub. He chases his tail while he's in it. Weirdo.

Coaster Punchman said...

Keep an eye on her later for mood swings & hot flashes.

Anonymous said...

I would call the vet just to be on the safe side, although I know people who actually have birth control pills prescribed to their male dog to combat his aggression.

Maritza said...

That's a very cute cat! She should meet my cross dressing Pepe.

Megan said...

Luna's foray into the world of contraception seems to have had absolutely no effect on her. . .