I have this really annoying (I'm told) habit of putting a song I love on repeat. For hours at a time. I once took a two hour road trip and listened to nothing but "Rocket Man" the whole way. If I can get away with it, I'll also turn the song up really really REALLY loud. Loud enough that I bet I wouldn't hear the smoke detector if it went off.
Here are ten songs I have never managed to listen to just once, each of which could easily see me through a two hour road trip on its own.
- "American Music" by the Violent Femmes
- "A Praise Chorus" by Jimmy Eat World
- "Blue" by the Jayhawks
- "Breakin' Me" by Jonny Lang
- "Here Comes Your Man" by the Pixies
- "Mr. Brightside" by the Killers
- "Rescue Me" by the Alarm (I know, I know, the Alarm is SO not cool)
- "Sit Down" by James
- "The Warmth of the Sand" by Dashboard Confessional
- "Wait" by Huffamoose
Note that none of them are by women. There's really no accounting for this, except that most of these are songs for the car. Women are heavily represented on my at-home repeat list.